Home > About Us >
About Us About Gautam Budh Nagar

Named after Lord Gautam Buddha, the District Gautam Budh Nagar came into existence on 6/9/97 with effect from Govt. order no 1249/97/82/97. District Gautam Budh Nagar includes Dadri, Noida and Greater Noida from Gaziabad and Tehsil Sikandrabad and part of Khurja from Bulandshahar. The district has four development blocks, 3 administrative tehsils and 16 police stations.


The blue meandering lines of Yamuna separates the district form the states of Haryana and Delhi from the west. The district is limited by Ghaziabad district to the north, Bulandshahar district to east and Aligarh district to the south. The proximity to the National Capital makes it all the more important. Spread over areas of 1456 sq. km., Gautam Budh Nagar has been a preferred destination for industrial, administrative and academic developments since its inception.


Gautam Budh Nagar is an important industrial district of Uttar Pradesh. The city of Greater Noida has evolved as an epicenter for technical education and industrial proliferation. The city of Greater Noida is India's first ISO 160001 certified city. The importance of Gautam Budh Nagar and its major industrial areas increase all the more because of its inclusion in the proposed Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor. An International Airport is already being planned near Jewar village of Greater Noida. With its impeccable infrastructure and facilities, the city Greater Noida is gearing up for the 2010 Common Wealth Games.


Copyright © 2009 Gautam Buddha University. All rights reserved.