Intellectual Property Right-Courses
Intellectual Property Rights, Biosafety and Bioethics
A. School of Biotechnology offers a 03 Credit course on 'Intellectual Property Rights, Biosafety and Bioethics' in the 9th semester of Integrated B.Tech.-M.Tech. (Biotechnology) and 3rd Semster of M.Tech. (Biotechnology) programs. The objectives of this course are:
- To provide basic knowledge on intellectual property rights and their implications in biological research and product development.
- To become familiar with Indiaâ€™s IPR Policy.
- To learn biosafety and risk assessment of products derived from biotechnology and regulation of such products.
- To become familiar with ethical issues in biological research.
B. School of Vocational Studies and Applied sciences offers a 02 Credit course on 'Patent Law and IPR issues' in the 3rd semester of M.Sc. Applied chemistry and another 02 Credit course on ' Intellectual Property Rights' in B.Sc. Physical sciences. The objectives of these courses are:
- To apprise the students about the multifaceted dimensions of I P issues.
- To introduce them to the basic aspects of Intellectual Property and various rights associated with them
- To create an awareness about the maintenance and protection of IP
- To give them a knowhow of Indiaâ€™s IP policy and its placement among different international treaties